Tuesday, April 1, 2008


This is my second plate for the VSA Arts 300 plate fundraiser. This painting was inspired by Bonnie and Margot (sorry for the bad photo). They belong to one of my favorite collectors Grace Ivory Rock. In 2003 Grace bought two of my first oil paintings, and recently purchased "Kids In the City 2" from my show at Coda. I had the privilege of going to Grace's home and seeing how my art was displayed. I love the way she has decorated her home and is definitely an artist in her own right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love it. It's nice to be able to see some of your paintings online. When and where is the fundraiser?

- Jim

melissa peck said...

The fundraiser is Thursday, May 15 from 6 to 8 pm. Tickets cost $25 a person if bought ahead of time. The plates are sold in a somewhat lottery fashion. I will have access to invitations for the event, so if you want to go email me at melissapeck75@gmail.com with your address. The plates will be on display at Art Access Gallery @ 230 S. 500 W. and will be part of gallery stroll (which is free) the following evening May 16th.

thanks, Melissa

Mel said...

TOO CUTE!! That is all I can say.